Trey's Amigos

We post, we elaborate, we run the topic into the ground. You comment. Simple. Hope it makes you think.

Friday, April 27

Does This Mean I'm Baptist?

*Disclaimer- If you go to BBC in Shreveport and are reading this... skip to the end... and read the asterisked statement... Thanks. Trey's Amigos-Staff*

I'm going to share a story from the trenches now...

2 Nights ago at Barnes and Noble (apparently all my stories in Shreveport revolve around B&N) I was in a phenomenally good mood, and I was singing songs, about what I was doing at work, for example "I'm toasting a Bagel, toasting a bagel... La, la, la, la, la. I'm toasting a Bagel! WITH CREAM CHEESE!!!!" And out of nowhere a lady in line responds back "Can I get it pretty Please??!" And it just took me by surprise but... it was nice that she wanted to play along with me... She ordered whatever she ordered and while doing so she, made sure to learn all the barista’s names and find out about their lives somehow. She was VERY kind, sweet and as loving as you can be in a line at a random coffee shop. I didn't talk to her much, but I felt the slightest tug at my heart to visit whatever church this lady goes to (assuming she goes to church), but if the Lord wanted me to go to whatever church she goes to, He'd have to provide a way for me to talk to her about it... (I explained all this to God in silent prayer... :)

Immediately afterwards, I got into a very nice conversation, with a Half-Korean, Half-Japanese med student, about Vietnamese food, and the one in St. Louis we ate at (Mekong), as well as the one in Shreveport (Dahn's Noodle House). I had such a pleasant convo with that guy, that I totally forgot about the lady and the church and the next thing I know, she was gone... sad. :(

However, yesterday she came again. She was like "I was here yesterday, and now I'm back again and here you are too!!!! :)" So I told her that she was one of my fave customers and I appreciate her bubbly spirit and that her happiness is infectious. Then I told her I was looking for a church in town, and I wanted to start visiting one this Sunday... and did she go to a church nearby, because I wanted to go to a church with people like her... and she said my worst nightmare... "YES! I go to BROADMORE BAPTIST CHURCH!!!!" AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That's the sound my heart made, when she said that Church's name...) Then she said something that must have come from the Lord... (or she had seen the look of horror and shock on my face... ;) she said "Never in a million years did I think I'd end up at a Baptist Church!" Which is what I was thinking too... especially Broadmore (which I went to for 4 weeks when we first moved to Shreveport, and I didn't enjoy an iota of it... no one would talk to us at church to try to get to know us or make us feel welcome but every Sunday after church some random Deacon would stop by our house and ask us random questions to "get to know us".) We then went to Shreveport Bible Church after a month of trying to fit our square peg into a round hole at Broadmore... and from day one at SBC, we all felt loved! They were so happy to have visitors and they genuinely cared about us, and wanted to be a part of our lives... you know? I didn't know it at the time, but that's what I imagined The Church being for each other, rather than a check list, or a numbers game or whatever...

The lady went on to say... "I never thought I'd end up at a Baptist Church... But the People there are so genuine and truly love The Lord." I've heard they've changed a lot since 1992 or 93 when we went there at first... (And I certainly have changed a lot myself...) So I guess I'll go and check it out... at least for this Sunday. Who knows, I may even go to Sunday School.

** If anyone reading this is from Broadmore, I LOVE IT. It’s the most God honoring church in the world, and has always been since it’s inception! YAY! BROADMORE!** :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I can be your friend anymore if your baptist.

:)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Nguyen said...

shun... :|

To all else who are reading this, we don't mind Baptists really.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm...I grew up Baptist and I turned out okay...as did my hubby...so you know you like some, already!! ;-)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Socoteanu said...

You're funny...at least you were in April

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home